TU BISHEVATUp one level
Four "New Years" occur in the Jewish calendar, one of them the "New Year of the Trees" which date was changed from the Rosh Hodesh Shevat to the 15th of Shevat.
- NEWLY UPDATED 5772 TU BISH'VAT HANDBOOK
- TREE BIEN is an updated program that can be used as an alternative or supplement to the "Tu B'Shevat Seder." The collection includes new materials that can be used for teaching or for group programs, including games and activities. Considerable supplementary background information has been appended regarding fruit within Israel's history and economy for students, teachers and administrators, families and institutions.
- 5771 TREE BIEN - Updated
- This is an updated and enhanced packet of materials with which individuals, synagogues and community organizations can celebrate the holiday of Tu BiSh'vat, including an updated TREE BIEN program brochure and with additional supplements including lists of fruit and nut trees by origin, URLs for alternative Tu BiSh'vat Seder/Haggadah texts and even shopping lists.
- THE ORDER OF BERAKHOT FOR FRUITS/NUTS: TuBiSh’vat PDF
- This is a learning activity package. Before food/drink and after food/drink there are traditional blessings=berakhot. In addition, there is a hierarchy of these blessings based upon the order in which food/drink is consumed. TuBiSh'vat brings a different mind-set in that we want to recite as many berakhot as possible, not just an order of minimal recitation.